ICAO and FAA Heliports Classification
Heliports classification by ICAO:
- Surface-level heliports: A heliport located on the ground or on the water. / All heliports on the water is surface-level heliports?
- Elevated heliport.: A heliport located on a raised structure on land.
- Helideck: A heliport located on an offshore structure such as an exploration or production platform used for the exploitation of oil or gas.
- Shipboard heliport: A heliport located on a ship that may be purpose or non-purpose-built. A purpose-built shipboard heliport is one designed specifically for heilcopter operations. A non-purpose-built shipboard heliport is one that utilizes an area of the ship that is capable of supporting a helicopter but not designed specifically for that task.
- General aviation heliports
- Transport heliports
- Hospital heliports
- Helicopter facilities on airports